- James' 2 currently favorite languages: Scala and JavaFX
- James compared JavaFX to a functional language (such as Scala)
- Power of JavaFX binding: constructing the data flow network
- By design, Java appealed to C and C++ programmers. JavaFX does not have to.
- James' PhD thesis was, in essence, about JavaFX binding construct--so James liked very much Chris Oliver' F3 language when he first saw it
- It's really easy to embed Swing components into JavaFX, including coolest like NASA World Wind. There is nothing as complex as NASA World Wind in Flash.